Nothing compares to a hearty, filling sandwich – especially when it includes perfectly cooked chicken, Black Forest ham, melted mozzarella, and plenty of crisp arugulas. Yes, we’re referring to none other than the Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich! Always a crowd favorite, this sandwich recipe is simple to throw together, making it a natural choice for busy days or lazy nights.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches
• 4 chicken cutlets (1/4-inch thick; 3/4 to 1 pound total)
• 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 4 slices Black Forest ham
• 8 slices smoked mozzarella
• 1 baguette
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
• 1 bunch arugula
1. Preheat the broiler in your oven.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and evenly space the chicken cutlets in the center. Brush the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Broil, rotating the baking sheet as needed so the chicken cooks evenly until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to broil until cooked through 2 to 3 more minutes.
4. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top each piece of chicken with 1 slice ham and 2 slices mozzarella. Broil until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Meanwhile, cut the baguette crosswise into 4 equal pieces, then split open. Spread the bottom halves with butter and the top halves with mustard.
6. Toss the arugula with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Sandwich the chicken and watercress between the baguette halves.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at McDermott 55 Apartments in Plano, Texas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.