When it comes to desserts for breakfast, the Starbucks Iced Lemon Pound Cake tops our list. A perfect complement to a hot cup of coffee, this Starbucks specialty is tart, refreshing, and totally memorable. Now, you can recreate this pound cake at home with a simple copycat recipe! Check it out below.
For Lemon Loaf
• 1 1/2 cups flour
• 3.4 ounces instant lemon pudding mix
• 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, and salt
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 teaspoons lemon extract
• 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 cup oil
• 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1 lemon zest
• 3 tablespoons butter, soft but not melted
• 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon lemon extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 5x9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine all dry loaf ingredients except sugar. In a separate bowl or hand mixer, combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, lemon juice, oil, and yogurt. Mix until evenly combine. Slowly add dry mixture to the wet. Add lemon zest and combine.
3. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until the center is set. Insert a toothpick to see if the center of your loaf is fully baked. If the top of your loaf is starting to a brown, tent with foil.
4. Let the loaf cool for about five to 10 minutes before taking out of the pan. Let the lemon loaf cool completely on a cooling rack, about one hour.
5. In a hand mixer, combine butter, lemon juice, and lemon extract for frosting. Once mixed, add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Spread the frosting over the top of your lemon loaf.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at McDermott 55 Apartments in Plano, Texas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.