In the mood for celebrating? Whether it’s someone’s birthday, a special anniversary, or simply a day that calls for a delicious cake, you can rest assured that this recipe for Red Velvet Cake will deliver! Combine a few ingredients with a box of German chocolate cake mix for the easiest cake you’ll ever bake. Plus, a handmade cream cheese frosting makes this cake taste as it came straight from your favorite bakery. Try it tonight with the following recipe!
• 1 box German chocolate cake mix
• 1 cup buttermilk or water
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• 3 eggs
• 1 bottle (1 oz) red food color
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
• 2 oz cream cheese, softened
• 2 teaspoons milk
• 1 ½ cups whipping cream
• ½ cup powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottom and sides of the 13x9-inch pan or two 9-inch round cake pans and lightly flour, or spray with baking spray with flour.
2. In a large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan(s).
3. Bake as directed on box. Cool rounds 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.
4. In a chilled large bowl, mix cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until soft peaks form.
5. Frost top of 13x9-inch cake or fill and frost cake layers. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Master the art of cooking by joining McDermott 55 Apartments in Plano, Texas in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.