Spring has sprung – are you celebrating the season yet? Though it’s not necessary to adorn your apartment home with spring-appropriate décor, you must admit that it sets the tone for the season quite nicely – plus, new decorations give you something new to look at, after more than a year of being stuck inside!
If you’re interested in sprucing up your apartment with spring-y items, we recommend that you try your hand at this Watering Can Wreath DIY, which transforms a plain watering can into something you can easily hang on your front door or a wall. Did we mention that it only takes a few minutes to throw together? Check out the tutorial below.
You will need:
• Watering can of any size or color
• Faux flowers (try to find springtime flowers, like tulips)
• Floral foam block, to place inside the watering can
• Ribbon in a coordinating color or pattern
• Hot glue gun, if desired
1. Remove any stickers from your watering can. If using a repurposed can, wash it off to remove any dirt and debris. Dry completely.
2. Insert the floral foam block into the watering can. This will help the flowers stay in place. If desired, glue the foam block to the bottom of the can for extra support.
3. Grab your faux flowers and arrange them in a bundle. If needed, clip the ends of the stems, so that they look nice in the can. If your stems are too long, your bouquet won’t have the full look you’re going for, and they may have trouble staying in place.
4. Insert the flowers into the foam block, pushing them in until they stay firmly in place. If desired, add some hot glue to space where the stem meets the foam for extra durability.
5. Once your flowers are in place, wrap a long piece of ribbon around the watering can, near the top. Tie a bow and glue it in place, if desired.
6. Your new wreath is now ready to mount, whether you choose to hang it from an extra piece of ribbon or attach the can directly to the door.
Whether it’s money, pet care, or DIY tips, we have all the information you need right here at McDermott 55 Apartments in Plano, Texas. We invite you to enhance your lifestyle with these helpful tips and suggestions!