Have you ever found yourself in need of a fancy dessert, ASAP? As anyone who has survived a busy holiday season will tell you, the time has a funny way of slipping by when you’re shopping, cooking, cleaning, and soaking in all of the delights of the holidays. Luckily, some dessert recipes help you reclaim some of your precious personal time with minimal prep and cooking time. This four-ingredient Peppermint Bark is one such recipe! Try making this bark at home and you’ll see just how simple – and fast – it is to make this classic holiday dessert at home.
• 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
• 8 candy canes, crushed
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill the bottom of a large pot with 3 inches of water and bring the water to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Reduce heat to low, then place a large heatproof bowl on top. Add semi-sweet chocolate and stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted. Stir in extract.
3. Pour chocolate mixed with peppermint extract into the prepared baking sheet and spread in an even layer with an offset spatula. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
4. Over the same pot of barely simmering water, place another large heatproof bowl. Add white chocolate and stir until melted.
5. Pour over set semi-sweet chocolate then top immediately with candy canes. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
6. Once set, break bark apart into pieces and enjoy.
Cook up something delicious with this special recipe provided to you by McDermott 55 Apartments in Plano, Texas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!