Whether you prefer non-chocolatey cookies, or simply love the delicious combination of cinnamon and sugar, Snickerdoodle cookies are hard to beat! Even better, this traditional cookie recipe – which is a particular favorite during the holidays – only calls for a handful of ingredients, many of which are probably hanging out in your kitchen right now.
For the cookie:
• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 3/4 cup flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
For the cinnamon-sugar topping:
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl before adding the eggs and vanilla. Cream for 1-2 minutes longer.
3. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, just until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon for topping.
5. If you have enough time, wrap the dough and let refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. This will make the dough easier to work with when rolling into cookies.
6. Roll dough into small balls until round and smooth. Drop into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat well. Using a spoon, a coat for a second time, ensuring the cookie balls are completely covered.
7. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool for several minutes on the baking sheet before removing from the pan.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at McDermott 55 Apartments in Plano, Texas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.