Dry pasta is cheap, readily available, and lends itself well to countless recipes. Yet, there’s something special about freshly made pasta crafted from a few household ingredients. While making your own pasta at home is certainly more involved than simply picking up a package of pasta at the store, many find that homemade pasta adds a new level of flavor to even the simplest recipes. Try this recipe for Homemade Pasta Dough and you’ll learn what the buzz is all about!
• 1 pound flour
• 12 large egg yolks
• 2 large eggs
• ½ teaspoon salt, plus more for water
• Sauce and other toppings, for serving
1. Mound the flour on a clean surface and make a well in the center. Add the egg yolks, eggs, and salt to the well and slowly beat with a fork, gradually incorporating flour from around the edges of the well. When the dough starts to come together, switch to your hands and knead until the dough is smooth and supple. This will take approximately 20 to 30 minutes. You can also combine the ingredients in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook and beat on low speed until smooth and pliable, about 15 minutes.
2. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
3. Sheet the dough with a pasta roller or roll out with a rolling pin on a wood surface. Cut into your desired shape.
4. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
5. Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 4–6 minutes, depending on the shape.
6. Now, you can proceed with your usual pasta dinner recipe. Or, simply toss pasta with sauce and other toppings and serve immediately.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by McDermott 55 Apartments in Plano, Texas and put our expansive kitchens to good use!