New year, new you – but, you can still hold on to a few beloved traditions from the holidays as you ease into 2021, right? We certainly hope so, because this recipe for Sugar-Crusted Raspberry Muffins is too good to pass up! All it takes is a simple batter, fresh raspberries, and a bit of extra sugar coating to make this standard muffin recipe a stand-out on your breakfast table.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• ¾ cup sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
• ¾ cup whole milk
• 1 large egg
• ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1?½ cups fresh raspberries
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat it with cooking spray, vegetable oil, or butter.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and combine.
3. In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; the batter will be lumpy. Toss the berries with the remaining flour in a bowl. Gently fold the berry mixture into the batter.
4. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining sugar.
5. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Cook up something delicious with this special recipe provided to you by McDermott 55 Apartments in Plano, Texas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!